Hallmark Gold Crown
Hallmark makes the world a more caring place by helping people laugh, love, heal, say thanks, reach out and make meaningful connections with others.
Through moments big and small, and through both happy and challenging times, Hallmark helps give voice to caring thoughts and emotions with tangible reminders of appreciation, celebration, belonging and love.
Hallmark was founded more than a century ago by a teenage entrepreneur with a couple of shoeboxes of postcards under his arm and the American dream in his heart. Today’s Hallmark is a $3.8 billion business with greeting cards and other products sold in more than 30,000 retail stores across the U.S. – including top mass retailers and the network of Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
Our brand also reaches people online at Hallmark.com and through our retail partners' web sites, and on television through cable’s top-rated Hallmark Channels and Hallmark Hall of Fame movies. Worldwide, Hallmark offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries.
Hallmark subsidiary Crayola inspires children's creativity through Crayola® brand crayons and markers as well as innovative art tools, crafting activities and creative toys that give kids the power to explore, discover, play and dream.
But as big as we’ve become, and as iconic as our brand is today, we’re still privately held, still based in Kansas City, Mo., and still led by members of our founding family.
More importantly, Hallmark continues to stay close to people's needs, understanding what is universal in the human heart and meeting those needs with products and experiences that bring people together.
It’s an honor and privilege to do so.
- Hallmark Cards, Inc.
President & CEO:
- Donald J. Hall, Jr.
- Kansas City, Mo.
Consolidated Annual Revenues:
- $3.8 billion in 2014
- 10,500 full-time + 19,800 part-time worldwide (Hallmark and subsidiaries).
- 6,100 associated full-time with U.S. business. An additional 17,300 work part-time, primarily in corporate-owned specialty stores and managing card departments in some mass channel stores.
- 3,000 work full-time, and 170 part-time, at the Kansas City headquarters.
- 500+ artists, designers, stylists, writers, editors, web designers, and photographers based in Kansas City work on developing products.
Products (North America):
- Around 10,000 new and redesigned greeting cards annually.
- More than 49,000 different products in stores at any one time.
- Hallmark holds licensing agreements for 7 of the top 10 most popular licensed properties.
- More than 30,000 retail outlets