Let’s take a little trip back in time. It’s 1946. Detroit. Engineers Frank Cotter and G. Howlett Davis hit on something big: they harness the natural insulating powers of air to create a permanently sealed, double-walled tumbler. Finally, a way to keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold. This outstanding innovation changed the drinkware industry forever.
Combining the last three letters of each of their last names, Cotter and Davis dubbed their new brand “Tervis.” In the years to follow, they worked hard to refine and improve their designs. The original tall, cylindrical tumbler evolved into additional sizes and products. Today, Tervis offers 10 tumbler sizes, plus hundreds of customizable designs, emblems and accessory combinations.
John C. Winslow purchased the Tervis product rights in the 1940s. The Tervis Tumbler Company was then incorporated in 1967. To this day, all Tervis drinkware is proudly made in America. More than 900 people are employed through this family-owned-and-operated business, headquartered in North Venice, Fla.